|2||Whole chicken breasts, skinless, boneless. trimmed, and slightly flattened|
|Salt and pepper|
|1||Tbsp. olive oil|
|1||Medium onion, chopped|
|1||Medium green pepper, with core, ribs, and seeds removed, chopped|
|1/2||Lb. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced|
|4||Garlic cloves, minced|
|1||Small jar of artichoke hearts, drained|
|1||15 oz. can petite-diced tomatoes|
|1||15 oz. can tomato sauce|
|1/2||Cup dry red wine|
|2||Tsp. dried basil leaves, or to taste|
|1||Tsp. dried oregano leaves, or to taste|
|Fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley for garnish|
- Sprinkle flattened chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken breasts in a Dutch oven two minutes on each side to lightly brown. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Add chopped onion and green pepper, and sliced mushrooms, and saute for 7-10 minutes, until onions are soft (but not brown). Add garlic and saute one additional minute.
- Add drained artichokes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, red wine, and remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Bring to a boil, return chicken to sauce, reduce heat, and simmer for about 12 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve over pasta, e.g., linguine fini. Add parsley as a garnish.
Original concept by Bobbi Marks - a great cook who doesn't believe in recipes!