This is my take on a pizza of the same name I enjoyed at the defunct Mellow Mushroom in Chapel Hill, NC.
|1||12" Pizza crust (e.g., Boboli Whole Wheat or Thin Crust)|
|1/2||Lb. Precooked coarsely chopped chicken breast meat|
|1/2||Coarsely chopped red onion|
|2||Cups shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1||Tsp. crushed chile peppers (optional)|
|1+/-||Tbsp. corn meal|
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Sprinkle corn meal on wooden pizza paddle. (Helps to slide the pizza onto the baking surface.)
- Place pizza crust* on the corn mealed paddle.
- Spread pesto evenly over the pizza crust, leaving about an inch border all around.
- Sprinkle chicken and onion over the pesto, leaving the border.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the other toppings.
- Sprinkle chile peppers over the cheese.
- Slide assembled pizza onto a pizza stone or cookie sheet in the preheated oven. Bake for ~10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted evenly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Slice into six or eight pieces, and enjoy!
Makes 2-4 servings, depending on the crowd.
* I use Boboli Whole Wheat for my crusts. If you make your own dough, suggest you bake the dough for 5-6 minutes before the assembly step4 ff.